This 135-acre park along beautiful Spanaway Lake is extremely popular with many year-round activities. Visitors to the park can explore a multitude of aquatic recreation opportunities, including two swimming beaches (no lifeguards), a boat launch, a fishing pier, handicapped accessible bathrooms, a new picnic area by the south swimming beach, newly renovated boat ramp, ADA playground equipment with a seating plaza for parents and a new three mile trail system by Little Spanaway Lake, as well as restoring the shoreline.
In addition, the park features softball fields, basketball courts, new children's play area and walking trails along several thousand feet of waterfront.
Non-motorized boat rentals, including canoes and paddle boats are also available. Call the boathouse at (253) 531-0555 for more information and boathouse hours.
Spanaway Park boasts great family / company picnic areas with five covered open-side picnic shelters, each with running water, electricity and a large grill.
In the holiday season, it is home to Fantasy Lights Walk and Fantasy Lights, the largest drive-through holiday display in the Northwest. Summer day camps and youth sports utilize this park's many recreational opportunities.
- 7:30 a.m. until dusk, unless otherwise posted and/or during seasonal hours.
To facilitate the setup for Fantasy Lights, new times for gate closures go into effect at Spanaway Park in October to protect the public from safety hazards as the light displays are on the ground and in the process of being erected / disassembled.
- North gates closes at 3 p.m. November through January.
- North gates closes at noon for the Fantasy Lights Walk event.
- South gates closes November through January.
The speed limit within Spanaway Park is 20 mph.
- Fantasy Lights, Thanksgiving through New Year's Eve
- Hydroplane Races, September 9-10, 2017
10 Classes from noon to 6 p.m.
Spectators welcome, but no public launches
Contact the Tacoma Inboard Racing Association for more information at (253) 853-3121
Map or print directions (pdf).
- Take exit 127 follow the Puyallup / Mt. Rainier signs
- Go east for two miles on SR 512
- Take the second exit (Parkland / Spanaway)
- Turn right onto Pacific Avenue (SR 7)
- Travel approximately three miles and turn right on Old Military Road (152nd Street)
- Go 0.5 mile and entrance to the park's main gate is on the left