Go To Search
Click to Home
Find a Department
Has my marriage certificate been returned?
You can check online. Click on “Search Marriage Index” to search under either party name. If status shows as returned, then your certificate has been returned. Or call our office at (253) 798-7435.

Auditor - Marriage

Show All Answers

1. How do I change my name?
2. How do I get a copy of my marriage certificate?
3. Has my marriage certificate been returned?
4. Can the three day waiting period be waived?
5. What are the minimum ages for applicants?
6. What if one of the applicants is 17? Can he/she get a license?
7. How do I get divorced?
8. How long is a marriage license valid?
9. What type of ID is accepted?
10. Is there a waiting period before I can use the license?
11. How much is the marriage license?
12. Is the license only valid in Washington?
13. What if I lost my marriage packet?
14. What do I need to bring in?
15. Is all information on the marriage certificate mandatory?
16. What if the person doesn't know the information on one of the parents?
17. What if I don't know the information at the time I apply, but I can find it before we are married?
18. What if one of us is not legally divorced yet, can we still apply for a marriage license?
19. Can we get married again in Washington even if we are legally married in another state or country?
20. What are the steps after the marriage ceremony has taken place?
21. I'm performing a wedding ceremony what do I need to do?
22. Can I apply for a license in WA if I am an out of state resident?
23. Is the application fee refundable?