Go To Search
Click to Home
Find a Department
How Do I
Business License
About Business Licensing
We license businesses that are engaged in regulated activities. Only businesses located in unincorporated Pierce County require a license from our office.

Business types and license fees

If your business is within the boundaries of a city in Pierce County, please contact the Business License Department in that city.

Master Business License
All businesses operating in the State of Washington should contact the Washington State Department of Revenue regarding a Master Business License. To check on a business licensed by the state, call the Department of Revenue at (253) 382-2000.

To file a complaint against a business, call the Better Business Bureau at (206) 431-2222. You can also contact the Consumer Protection Division of the State of Washington Attorney General's Office in Olympia, Washington.

Contact Us

Auditor's Office

2401 S. 35th St.
Room 200
Tacoma, WA 98409
Map to Auditor's Office

Email us

(253) 798-7445


Monday - Friday
8:30 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.

 twitter  facebook

Info Advanced