Pierce County District Court
The mission of Pierce County District Court, as an independent and impartial branch of government, is to promote respect for law, society and individual rights; provide open, accessible and effective forums for dispute resolution; resolve legal matters in a just, efficient and timely manner and assure the dignified and fair treatment of all parties.
CURRENT COURT OPERATIONS
- Court customer service counters are open for walk-up transactions. To reduce the number of people in the building, visitors are encouraged to call (253) 798-7487 or contact us through Live Chat for assistance.
- Payments can be made without coming into the courthouse. Make a Payment
- Many court hearings are being held virtually. The manner in which a hearing will be held (in-person, by phone, video/virtual, etc.) will be determined by the Court with full consideration of all recommended public health guidelines.
- Jury Trials have been temporally suspended and are scheduled to resume on April 5, 2021.
- Probation appointments are now being held in person.
- The District Court Resource Center (CRC) is open for walk-ins, although some partner agencies may only be available virtually. Please contact the CRC for more information (253) 798-7631. What is the CRC?
**If you have an in-person hearing or appointment at the court and are you are feeling sick or experiencing flu-like symptoms (such as a cough, fever or other respiratory problems) please contact customer service to reschedule.**
- General Order 2020-02_Court Operation COVID19_03162020
- General Order 2020-03_03162020
- General Order 2020-04 Amended2_03272020
- General Order 2020-05_Authorizing Virtual Hearings_04292020
- General Order 2020-06_Extending to June_04292020
- General Order 2020-07_05062020
- General Order 2020-08_06012020
- General Order 2020-09_PCDC Emergency Closure_06042020
- General Order 2020-10_Revising 2020-03_06262020
- General Order 2020-12 Social Distancing_07202020
- General Order 2020-13_Court Operations_11042020
- General Order 2020-14_Suspending Jury Trials_11232020
- General Order 2020-15_Suspending Jury Trials_12102020
- General Order 2021-01_Suspending Jury Trials Amended_02252021
- General Order 2021-01_Suspending Jury Trials_01152021
WHAT TO EXPECT WHEN COMING TO THE COURTHOUSE
Visitors to the Pierce County-City Building:
To decrease the number of people in the building, please limit the number of people in your party. Please do not arrive for your hearing or appointment more than 30 minutes early.
All persons who enter the County-City Building are expected to wear a mask. Masks will be required inside the courtroom.
Social distancing (6 feet between individuals) will be observed inside the building, elevators, and courtrooms. General seating is limited inside the courtroom. If you are appearing for an in-person court hearing, please wait in line outside the courtroom until there is room for you inside. Once inside the courtroom, sit in designated seats only.
Hearings Live Streamed:
Court hearings are live-streamed and can be accessed through the District Court's website HERE
Health and Safety:
No one with a fever of 100.4 degrees or higher or has any of the following symptoms (cough, shortness of breath, difficulty breathing, chills, muscle pain, headache, sore throat, or loss of taste or smell) should come to court. Please contact the court at least 24-hours in advance, if possible, to let us know of your condition. (253) 798-7487
Signs will be posted to remind people of the Center for Disease Control and Prevention guidelines to prevent the spread of COVID-19. High touch areas will be cleaned after each hearing. Hand sanitizer dispensers are located throughout the building.
Posted on February 10, 2021
Posted on December 14, 2020
Posted on November 23, 2020
Posted on November 23, 2020