PIERCE COUNTY DISTRICT COURT REMAINS OPEN
Pierce County District Court remains open and committed to providing essential services in a manner that is as safe and responsible as possible.
- Current Court Operations
- Anti-Harassment/ Stalking
- Animal Control
- Case Types Not Being Heard
All in-custody criminal proceedings will be heard by video, and all other matters (civil and out-of-custody) will be rescheduled and you will receive notice in the mail.
Court operations are substantially curtailed to help keep the public and our employees safe during the COVID-19 pandemic. Please visit COVID-19 Impacts to Pierce County District Court to learn how these changes affect you and review General Order No. 2020-04 In Re: COURT OPERATIONS UNDER THE EXIGENT CIRCUMSTANCES CREATED BY PUBLIC HEALTH EMERGENCY IN WASHINGTON STATE, effective March 17, 2020.
If you are sick or experiencing flu-like symptoms such as a cough, fever or other respiratory problem, please do not come to the Pierce County District Court courthouse.
All Anti-Harassment hearings previously scheduled are going to be rescheduled – please make sure the court has your current address – you will receive a new notice and service packet in the mail once your case is rescheduled - all existing temporary Anti-Harassment orders will be extended to the next court date. If you need to file a petition for an Anti-Harassment order, please fill out the petition online.
- Once you have submitted your petition, you MUST contact the court to confirm delivery via phone call or LiveChat. If you do not confirm delivery with the court, your petition will not be processed.
- All requests for temporary Anti-Harassment orders will be reviewed in chambers. You will be notified of the court’s decision.
- If pursuing a Stalking Protection Order, please use the online Anti-Harassment form and notate in your statement of facts you are requesting a stalking protection order.
- The court will address the stalking facts at the scheduled hearing.
Click here to access a fillable Petition for Animal(s) Return. You may download the form, fill it out, and click the Submit button on the form to send it to the court.
- The court is accepting Petitions for Animal Return but is not scheduling any hearings until after April 27, 2020.
- Filing fees will be due once the hearing is set.
Click here to submit a Petition/Request for Hearing to Determine Validity of Vehicle Impoundment and/or Determine if Fees Charged in Compliance. You may download the form, fill it out, and click the Submit button on the form to send it to the court.
- The court is accepting Petitions to Determine Validity of Vehicle Impoundment and/or Determine if Fees Charged are in Compliance but is not scheduling any hearings until after April 27, 2020.
- All Civil in-person hearings and trials
- All Criminal in-person hearings and trials (out-of-custody)
- All Infraction hearings (contested and mitigation) – the court will continue to accept written statements submitted by mail or email (also known as Hearings by Mail).
- Name Change
- Small Claims Trials
- Small Claims Mediation
Court Administrator Misty Butler Robison
930 Tacoma Avenue South
Tacoma, WA 98402
8:30 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
Ph: (253) 798-7487
Fx: (253) 798-6310