Get social with us on Facebook! We are creating fun virtual activities as we move through the different phases of the Governor’s Safe Start reopening program. Engage in fun topics and conversations with your friends and family:
- Have fun with cooking, crafting, and getting dressed up on “theme-days”
- Come along as we explore and discover interesting nature in your own backyard and community.
- Listen to some of your favorite stories read by some of your favorite Recreation Leaders!
You’re invited to share ideas, invite friends, laugh with us and spend some time in our inclusive group for all abilities. Let’s be super social - at home.
|Tune in for fun activities to try on our Specialized Recreation Facebook group’s weekly Facebook Live adventures. We will chat about a new topic and/or activity on Wednesdays at 2:00 p.m. starting April 1, 2020.|
We encourage you to keep checking this page for a current activity schedule, supply lists, and forms relating to each adventure.
- April 1 - WE COOK! - Pizza Supply List | Pizza Instructions
- April 8 - Play BINGO - House Bingo Card | Nature Bingo Card
- April 15 - Do the Craft! - Craft Supplies List
- April 22 - Camping with Jen - Camping Supplies List & Instructions
- April 29 - Cooking: Making Desserts! - Sorbet Supplies & Ingredients | Sorbet Instructions
- May 6 - Bubbles & Chalk - Bubble Ingredients/Recipe
- May 13 - Reopened Park Tours & New Rules - Frontier Park
- Tune in on May 7 at 2:00 pm to tour Meridian Habitat Park
- Tune in on May 10 at 2:00 pm to tour South Hill Park
- May 20 - Air Fryer Desserts - Air Fryer Snacks Recipes | Air Fryer Dessert Recipes
- May 27 - Gardening (No show on May 25, Memorial Day)
- June 3 - Homemade Face Masks - Mask types and instructions
- June 10 - Rockets and Space
- June 17 - Father’s Day Story
- June 24 - National Pollinator’s Week all about bees.
- June 30 - Lewis and Clark
- July 8 - Pumpkin Planting (Tune in Live on Thursday at 2:00 p.m. for Jenn’s camp updates)
- July 15 - Sports Fun
- Tune in on July 13 at 2:00 p.m. for a soccer activity
Jabber with Jen(n)
Get ready to Jabber with Jen Spane and Jenn Sergent! Each week they will talk with a special guest, asking questions submitted by members of the group in an interview style setting on our Specialized Recreation Facebook Group.
The weekly show will air on Fridays at 2:00 p.m. starting April 24, 2020.
- Friday, April 24 - Special guest Roxanne Castleman, Community Program Educator, from the Pierce County Department of Emergency Management shared with Jen on how to stay safe at home during COVID-19 and how to use 911.
- Friday, May 1 - Jenn Sergent will be interviewing Emily, who was a counselor at Camp Lots of Fun and who is now a member of the United States Air Force
- Friday, May 8 - Special guest Scott Hall, Deputy Director, from Pierce County Parks shared with Jen all things photography.
- Friday, May 15 - Special guest Jenn Sergent, Recreation Coordinator with Pierce County Parks.
- Friday, May 22 - Special guests Meagan Hutton and Jeremy Acree from Pierce County TV.
- Friday, May 29 - Special guest Mark Richards from Pierce County Parks shared with Jen everything you need to know about ice bumper cars.
- Friday, June 12 - Special guest Zac Keener with Kemper Sports shared with Jen about golfing at Lake Spanaway Golf Course.
- Friday, June 19 - Special guest Ryan Misley with Pierce County Environmental Educator will share with Jen exploring nature.
- Friday, June 27 - Special guest Shamya, an amazing young adult, recent high school graduate, current college student, pageant contestant, and award-winning mental health and inclusion advocate, took time out of her busy schedule to talk with Jenn for this week’s Jabber with Jen(n).
- Friday, July 10 - Special guest Ben Monge Calvo with Parks Resource Stewardship, will share how some of our country trails are made.
- Friday, July 17 - Special guest Julie with Elections will answer questions about voting, who can vote, accommodations for voting, and more.
Learn this fun camp song brought to you by our very own recreation staff!
Read about the program, including newsletters and an events calendar.
Browse information about the summer day camp designed for children and young adults with disabilities.
Summer camp specially designed for young adults ages 20-30 with disabilities
Club PIERCE provides enriching activities for young adults ages 20-30 years with special needs.
Until we can meet in person, join us for the next best thing—virtual Club PIERCE!
Explore our County parks and trails in this fun challenge for a chance to win a prize.