2019 Pierce County Candidates in Ballot Order
2019 Election Guide for Candidates
(Dates listed in this guide apply to May 2019 filing week.)
A special filing period was held as no candidate filings were received for certain offices.
Candidates Who Have Filed
Be prepared to:
- Provide an email address and phone number.
- Use a campaign mailing address, phone number, and website address when you file for office. If you don’t, your voter registration address will be published online in the list of candidates who have filed.
Have your biography information, statement, and photo ready before you start the pamphlet submittal process.
1. Biography - Word limit - 100
The biographical information must be 100 words or less allocated between four subsection headings.
Biographical information should be organized in accordance with the four subsection headings listed below. Subsection headings are not included in the word count.
- Elected Experience.
- Other Professional Experience.
- Community Service.
2. Statement - Word limit - 200 (4 paragraphs allowed)
Each part of a hyphenated or slashed word will be counted as a separate word. (Example - "Around-the-corner" = 3 words)3. Photo
- You may submit one portrait photo - jpeg or .tiff (Head and shoulders) For best results use a light-colored background, (not white).
- Photos should be less than 1 MB, (If larger, photos take will take too long to load for the online guide.)
- Clothing or insignia that suggest holding a public office are not allowed (e.g., judicial robes, law enforcement or military uniforms).
- Color or black and white photo. (Color will be used in the online guide, and converted to black and white for the printed Local Voters' Pamphlet.)
Candidate photos from previous Local Voters’ Pamphlets are not available for reuse.
You may NOT submit a new statement for the General Election. The same Local Voters’ Pamphlet information submitted (during filing week) will be used for both the Primary Election and General Election.
Public Disclosure Commission
Candidates are advised to verify that they are in compliance with all state, county, and local laws.
Archived Election Information
Looking for examples of candidate statements? See voters' pamphlets from previous elections.