Puyallup-White River Local Integrating Organization
We are helping Puget Sound recover by bringing together diverse groups and communities and applying local knowledge and expertise to the many challenges facing the Puyallup-White River Watershed (WRIA 10) on its path to recovery.
In December of 2018, the Puyallup River Watershed Council was recognized by the Puget Sound Partnership as the sponsor for the Puyallup-White River Local Integrating Organization (PWR-LIO). Beginning in 2019, we are conducting outreach, inviting participation, and collaborating to develop an Ecosystem Recovery Plan for our watershed. Once the written plan is completed, we will work with PWR-LIO partners and Near Term Action owners to implement the plan, which serves as a catalyst for the recovery of the Puyallup-White River watershed, and thereby Puget Sound. Eventually, the Ecosystem Recovery Plan will inform future iterations of the Action Agenda for Puget Sound Recovery.
In April 2019, Allan Warren was elected Chair of both the PWR-LIO and the Technical Advisory Committee. Current participation includes: City of Tacoma, City of Sumner, Tacoma Pierce County Health Department, Pierce County, Pierce Conservation District, WSU Washington Stormwater Center, Puyallup Watershed Initiative, Forterra, Rainier and Tahoma Audubon Societies. Participation is open to all.
- General Meetings will be held at the Pierce Conservation District offices from 3:00-5:00pm at 308 West Stewart Ave, in Puyallup on: (participating online via Zoom will be an option)
- March 12 (ZOOM ONLY; in-person meeting is canceled)
- June 11 (ZOOM ONLY; in-person meeting is canceled)
- September 10
- November 12
- Focus Area Meetings: (time and place varies)
- April 29 9:30am at Lead Entity TAG WebEx meeting (salmon, estuaries, floodplains)
- May 15 10:00am-12:00pm at Forests COI Zoom meeting (forests)
- June 29 10:30am-12:30pm Stormwater/Water Quality stakeholders Zoom meeting (water quality/stormwater)
- August 20 at Integrated Management Group meeting (floodplains)
Ways to Get Involved:
- Request a presentation to your agency, organization or group
- Join the PWR-LIO stakeholder contacts email list to receive meeting announcements, agendas, and meeting minutes. Contact the LIO Coordinator (below) to be added.
- Attend an LIO meeting.
- Attend a PRWC board meeting on the 4th Thursdays of most months from 3:00pm-5:00pm at Pierce Conservation District offices, 308 West Stewart Ave, Puyallup WA. There is a standing agenda item for PWR-LIO updates to the board, which oversees the LIO.
- Read the 2018 PWR-LIO proposal (below)
- Bookmark and check this website for future updates and meetings
- View the Resources sections below
- Contact the LIO Coordinator, Krystal Kyer at (253) 798-2485 or email@example.com for more information
Where are we working?
The LIO boundaries mirror the WRIA 10 boundaries, except for a small area in Tacoma from the Tacoma Narrows bridge north to Point Defiance. Since this area is not included in any adjacent LIO’s boundaries, we opted to include it so that there are no gaps in recovery planning. See map below:
- LIO Draft Meeting Summary 6/11/20
- LIO Meeting Summary 3/12/20
- Meeting Agenda, 3/12/20
- Draft Meeting Notes, 11/7/19
- 11/7/19 Agenda
- 9/27/19 Draft Notes
- 9/27/19 Agenda
- 8/29/19 Draft Notes
- 8/29/19 Agenda
- 4/30/19 Meeting Notes
- 4/30/19 Agenda
- 3/19/19 Meeting Notes
- March 19th Agenda
- 2/25/19 TAC Notes
- 2/25/19 TAC Agenda
- 1/30/19 TAC Notes
- 1/30/19 TAC Agenda