Risk Assessment Past Events
Pierce County Emergency Management hosted a two-day workshop on threat and hazard identification on Tuesday, May 1 and Wednesday, May 2, 2019 in Tacoma, WA.
Recently, regulatory and grant requirements for emergency planning and threat and hazard identification and risk assessments have expanded to build our nation's resilience. A few examples include:
- Centers for Medicaid and Medicare https://www.cms.gov/Medicare/Provider-Enrollment-and-Certification/SurveyCertEmergPrep/index.html
- Water Infrastructure Act of 2018 https://www.epa.gov/waterresilience/americas-water-infrastructure-act-2018-risk-assessments-and-emergency-response-plans
- Homeland Security Grant Program https://www.fema.gov/media-library/assets/documents/178291
- Disaster Recovery Reform Act of 2018 https://www.fema.gov/disaster-recovery-reform-act-2018
The workshop provided the opportunity to:
- Learn about local, State, and Federal hazard programs, capabilities, and funding sources.
- Share and discuss what we know about hazard impacts with subject matter experts.
- Pilot a standardized approach that uses common language around threats and hazards.
- Kick-off the update to the Pierce County Hazard Identification and Risk Assessment (HIRA).
- Begin thinking about and identifying mitigation strategies.
- Climate Change and Hazard Mitigation
- Cybersecurity Threat Landscape
- ESF 8 Partners Funding Capabilities Hazards Definition Gaps and Strategies
- Gig Harbor Tsunami Hazards
- HAZMAT and Pipelines
- Landslide Hazards
- Mud Mountain and Howard A Hanson Dams
- Pierce County Earthquake Hazards
- Surface Water Management Risk Presentation
- Tacoma Tsunami Hazards
- Threat and Hazard Identification Workshop
- Transportation Related Threats and Hazards Planning and Response Tactics
- Volcano Assessment
- Wildfire Droughts and Wildland Urban Interface
- Hazard Funding Websites Links
- Potential Sources of Funding and Mitigation Capability
- Key State Energy Resilience Opportunities under the Disaster Recovery Reform Act of 2018
- Mitigation Saves Federal Grants One Pager
- THI Note Worksheet Sample
- Blank Note Worksheet
- Hazard Mitigation Science and Expertise Resources
- Flood Resilience: A Basic Guide for Water and Wastewater Utilities
- Planning the Wildland-Urban Interface
- Firewise Fact Sheet: Exterior Sprinklers
- Grant - Funding Resource List