A special three-day candidate filing period will be held July 22, 23 and 24, 2015 from 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. State law requires a reopening of the filing period when no one files for a position during the regular filing period.
Declarations of Candidacy will be accepted for the following offices:
- City of Roy - Council Position 3
- Town of South Prairie - Council Position 2
- Town of Wilkeson - Council Position 4
- Fire Protection District No. 25 - Commissioner Positions 1 and 3
- Ashford Water District - Commissioner Position 1
- Burnett Water District - Commissioner Positions 2 and 3
- Elbe Water District - Commissioner Positions 2 and 3
- Elkhorn Water District - Commissioner Positions 1, 2 and 3
- Kapowsin Water District - Commissioner Positions 1 and 2
- Kopachuck Ridge Estates Water District - Commissioner Positions 1, 2 and 3
- Crystal Mountain Sewer District - Commissioner Positions 2 and 3
File in person at the Pierce County Election Center located at 2501 S. 35th St., Suite C, Tacoma. In person filing ends July 24 at 4:30 p.m.
After filing, candidates will be emailed a link to submit a statement and photo for the General Election Local Voters’ Pamphlet. Your statement and photo must be submitted online by July 27, 2015 4:30 p.m. Candidates filing for these offices will appear on the November 3 General Election ballot.
The Pierce County Auditor's Office is responsible for elections, licensing services, a variety of public records and animal control services. More information about the office is available at piercecountyauditor.org.
Julie Anderson, Pierce County Auditor
Whitney Rhodes, Assistant to the Auditor
Mike Rooney, Elections Manager