One of the best ways to have your voice heard in local government is to run for office. The Charter Review Commission is seeking candidates to serve on the board. Here is your opportunity to update and make improvements to the Pierce County Charter. Please read the information below and if you have any further questions feel free to contact my office.
Positions to be Elected
- A total of 21 Charter Review Commissioner Positions.
- Three elected from each of the seven County Council districts.
- Positions will be numbered 1, 2, and 3 from each district.
- Must be resident of the County for a period of at least five years preceding the election.
- Must reside in the Council District of the position for which they are filing.
- Must be a registered voter.
- May 11 – May 15, 2015
- Filing Fee: $15.00
- File online: Monday, May 11 at 9:00 a.m. – Friday, May 15 at 4:00 p.m. at piercecountyelections.org
- File in person, using computer kiosk
- Pierce County Election Center
2501 S. 35th St, Suite C
Tacoma, WA 98409
- Candidate filing closes Friday, May 15, 2015 at 4:30 p.m. (in person only)
- Deadline to submit online voters’ pamphlet information - Friday, May 22, 2015 at 4:30 p.m.
For more information about the Review Board please visit:
Pierce County Charter Review Commission Fact Sheet.
Candidate webinar on April 2nd
And save the date for our Candidate’s Webinar on
April 2nd from 9:00 a.m. to 10:30 a.m. Learn about filing for office, submitting your voters’ pamphlet information and more! You can RSVP here.