Looking for temporary work?
Pierce County Public Works is looking for help with outdoor maintenance.
The Surface Water Management Division is accepting applications for temporary job openings for 2015. These seasonal positions typically span up to a six-month period, but for the purposes of this recruitment the period is from approximately August to early November.
Selected applicants will perform vegetation management duties on county infrastructure generally including, but not limited to, storm water facilities, river corridors and other public properties. The positions are based at the Pierce County Quarry near Orting, with worksites throughout the county.
Pay is $14 per hour. Hours are 6 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., Monday through Friday, with 40 to 50 hours expected per week, depending on work load.
- Be at least 18 years of age
- Be able to read and follow verbal and written instructions
- Have a valid Washington State driver’s license
- Be able to operate small electric and gas powered tools and hand tools
- Be able to work on steep, uneven terrain in all weather conditions
- Be able to lift at least 50 pounds
- Successful applicants may be subject to drug and alcohol testing
- Provide proof of eligibility to work in the United States and proof of identity at the time of hire.
Applications are due by Aug. 7, 2015 Application Availability
- In person Monday through Friday from 7:30 am to 4 p.m. at 2702 S. 42nd St., Ste. 201 in Tacoma
- Online: Download application
- By calling (253) 798-2725
Submit applications to the attention of Tracie Esher
- By fax at (253) 798-7709
- By e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org
- By mail, attention: Tracie Esher, Pierce County Public Works Department, 2702 S. 42nd St. Suite 201, Tacoma, WA 98409
For questions regarding the positions, contact Tony Fantello at (253) 798-4132 or email@example.com.