1) Introductions: Please include announcements about staff changes, new programs and other interesting “happenings” which will help keep your colleagues in the network informed.
- Share your program brochures with other service providers.
- Business card exchange – bring a “stack” to share.
2) ADR Updates
- Aaron Van Valkenburg, Manager
- ADR updates
- Legislative concerns
- ADRC Events
3) Program: "LGBTQ Seniors and LTC Services"
Speaker: Cheryl Cristello, Pat McIntyre, ADR Advisory Board Members
There are over 3 million older adults in the U.S. who identify as lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender. By 2030, that number will triple. For many, the prospect of long term care provokes fear and anxiety, forcing them to consider “going back into the closet” out of concern about mistreatment by other residents and staff. Many providers pride themselves on cultural sensitivity. But several recent surveys and government reports indicate that huge problems exist. Join the discussion as we explore LGBTQ seniors and LTC services in Pierce County.