1) Introductions: Because of the extended program this month we will only ask new attendees to introduce themselves. For the “regulars,” feel free to bring whatever print materials you may have.
- Share your program brochures with other service providers.
- Business card exchange – bring a “stack” to share.
2) ADR Updates
- Aaron Van Valkenburg, Manager
- ADR updates
- Legislative Session update
- ADRC News
3) Program: "LGBTQ Seniors in Long Term Care”
Speakers: Pat McIntyre & Cheryl Cristello, ADR Advisory Board
Huge numbers of LGBT seniors have been “out” for most of their lives and are comfortable being themselves. But when they need long term care – at home or in a facility – many feel compelled to hide their sexual orientation. Come caregivers may be uncomfortable providing care which can become a major obstacle to effective care. Hear how negative messages can be sent and received and what care providers can do to resolve problems. We will also be viewing a segment of “Gen Silent” to set the stage.