Free gun safes and trigger locks!
Where: Bass Pro Shops
7905 S. Hosmer Street
Tacoma, WA 98408
When: Saturday, October 17, 2015
10 a.m. to 1 p.m.
Dear friends and neighbors,
This Saturday, I'm volunteering at an event sponsored by Seattle Children's Hospital, Mary Bridge Children's Hospital, SafeKids Pierce County, the Tacoma-Pierce County Health Department, Lok It Up, and Bass Pro Shops. I'm going to be handing out free gun safes and trigger locks between 10 am and 1 pm at the Bass Pro Shops on Hosmer Street just off I-5.
Come learn about the importance of safe gun storage, especially for homes with children and teens. Receive hands-on training on how to use a lock box and trigger lock. Supplies are limited and it's on a first come-first served basis. We will provide one free lock box or trigger lock per person (maximum two items per household). You must be present to receive a free item and the recipient must be 18 or older.
To learn more about safe gun storage, visit seattlechildrens.org or lokitup.org.
Safe gun storage protects children, reduces gun injury risk and saves lives.
Here are a few tips to remember when living with firearms.
- Use a gun safe, lock box or trigger lock to store guns. It is easy to quickly open safe storage devices when needed.
- Store guns unloaded and locked.
- Store and lock ammunition in a separate place.
- If possible, avoid locking devices that only use keys because children and teens often know where keys are kept.
- Always lock guns up, even if your child or teen has had safety training. Others visiting your home may not have.
- Storing guns in a lockbox or safe can prevent theft, a common source of guns used by criminals.
- Remove guns from your home if a family member is depressed, suicidal or is abusing drugs or alcohol.
- Ask family and friends to use safe storage steps if they own guns.
I hope to see you at Bass Pro Shops this Saturday!