1) Introductions: Please include announcements about staff changes, new programs and other interesting “happenings” which will help keep your colleagues in the network informed.
- Share your program brochures with other service providers.
- Business card exchange – bring a “stack” to share.
2) ADR Updates
- Aaron Van Valkenburg, Manager
- ADRC Events
- Alzheimer's Caregiver Conference - Sept. 28
- Making the Link - Oct. 16
3) Program: "Alzheimer's: Preparing for the Journey”
Speaker: Jessica Girard, Social Worker, Pierce County Aging & Disability Resources
There’s no diagnosis like an Alzheimer’s or Dementia diagnosis. More and more families are facing the long road of caring for a loved one with dementia. There is a lot of uncertainty before the diagnosis and in the early stages after the diagnosis. Jessica and colleague Kris Sawyers-Dowling have created a popular 6-part series targeting families beginning the journey with Alzheimer’s. Hear about their program and what they have learned along the way.